Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 05:23 PM   #37
LandKO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Another possibility is a loose battery connection or bad ground wire. If your emergency start switch is working correctly, it should have started your engine. You can check that with a volt meter by seeing if your chassis battery increases in voltage when the emergency start switch is pushed. If it happens again, you might try holding down on the emergency switch for several minutes and let the chassis battery come up some before you attempt to start it with the emergency switch pushed in. Your truck with the engine running is putting out close to 14v while your coach batteries only add 12+ volts. So it may be able to overcome a bad battery cell or connection.
The battery connections are tight. Haven’t checked for a bad ground yet, but I would think that a bad ground would cause the issue to be more frequent.
I also had the thought that the house battery could be weak also since they are probably both around the same age. When I get ready to leave the campground, I plan to leave shore power connected until after I start the engine. It may give me a little edge in power available.
Thanks for your comments.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum