Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Thor Aria 3601
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #17
Jwill18

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #15033
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
It was an age thing for me. Going from a 39' TT to the MH was about all the conveniences outlined above, but mostly going total "push button". Although the TT had electric everything, it still required lots of hitch drama, stabilizer jacks controlled from outside, etc. The TT required a lot of set up and break down, plus finding the larger sites without having to block up the street for 30 minutes is nice. Not too long ago we were breaking camp in the rain. The wife watched the guy next to us break down the MH and drive off. She said..."why can't we get one of those?". We did. Another consideration specific to you...those 15 and 13 girls, while they will always be "Daddy's Girls", will soon be finding other things of interest and not wanting to go camping with "Mommy and Daddy" as much. Bottom line, I enjoyed the TT as much as I do the MH. There are an equal number of reasons one is better than the other. It's just which set of options fits your bill today. The huge slides of the TT made huge spaces inside. The small slides of the MH make great short stops in rest areas or quick overnights, as everything can be accessed with slides in. A lot can be said for simply backing into your campsite, standing up from your seat, extending your slides and going straight to bed...never having to set foot outside...especially if it's pouring rain.
Thanks for the advice. My wife and I have chatted about the fact that the years of camping with all four of us are fewer than they've been. I agree on the set up. We wedged into a site this week at Disney with the toy hauler and unloaded everything and set up (about 90 minutes). A family came beside us in a MH and in 15 minutes, poof. They were set up and heading to the parks.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.