Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #9
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Well I don’t want to jinx the ride, but so far our 2013 ACE 30.1 (built 2012) has been practically trouble free (knocking on wood now). Dealer replaced a leaking kitchen sink tap with an upgrade prior to our walk through and we had the BCC (battery Control Center ) replaced under warrantee by Thor within a week of owning in 2012 (coach latching relay failed in our driveway).....less labor to change the whole BCC for Thor.

After year one, even though these OEM items were still working, I replaced the OEM water pump (to Shurflo), the OEM converter to Progressive Dynamics Intellipower with remote; added a Progressive Industries surge/power monitor. We still have the original Harris coach batteries......still working fine (not a big boondocker though). Just installed a new chassis battery today in fact, even though the OEM Ford battery was still fine (don’t want to push my luck there). Also replaced the TV's. Ironically the OEM Jensen radio still works fine... shhhhh.........

We like the 30.1 floor plan; would like it better if the rear pass through could have remained though. Exterior body is still looking pretty good after 7 years with normal minor chips from road travel. The one thing we note is the original paint is flaking off the plastic roof edge trim runners and plastic roof covers that happened to have been painted body color at the factory. Clearly not the correct paint for plastic. Besides the yearly roof clean and inspection by yours truly I have noted body caulking starting to need refreshing especially wheel flares and some body mouldings. Rear tail light lenses were a must do years ago.

I find old Ford cars (Crown Vics etc) that I have owned always had sloppy steering boxes and this F53 chassis is no different to me. I did the CHF front and back and don’t have any issues with truck air wash, but strong cross winds do require a reduced speed and strong arm on the steering. Have never done an alignment and it drives fine under normal conditions.

Based on the DW and my experience with this coach I would buy it again......however, from what I am seeing on this forum for new coaches (of all types) it seems Thor quality control is getting worse not better with time.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.