Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 02:41 PM   #16
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I did about he same things that petef did on my Vegas half way to Alaska this summer and had zero battery problems with my Walmart 29's and a small solar panel. On the discharge while parked issue, I have had the problem with my last two RVs and the only way to solve it is to install an on/off switch between the batteries and the coach. You are effectively disconnecting the batteries from the coach just as if you had disconnected the wires. The disconnect switch inside the door does not totally disconnect the house batteries and they will discharge. This is not just a Thor problem. With the disconnect switch, I can leave the RV with not solar panel and return three months later and still have enough battery to start the generator or emergency start the coach, if the starting battery is low. All my boats have had an on/off switch that completely shuts off the batteries from the coach. I do not know why RVs are not set up the same way, but they are not.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum