Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Faded gelcoat
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #11
pembertonltd8

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 27 ft ACE
State: California
THOR #1318
Gel Coat issues

I have had nothing but problems with the side of my ACE 27 ft MH. The side that hits the sun during most of the day shows dark "tan" lines where the aluminum frames are at appear darker (more similar to original color). I have detailed it professionally 2 to 3 times a year and while it does bring out most of the color and shine it only lasts for a few weeks and the lines appear again. I have talked to Thor and they say it is a problem with the Crane company that does the Gel Coat and they just send me a copy of their letter showing proper care and maintenance of Gel Coat. No one will admit that there is any problem, Does anyone have the same issues or comments about why I am getting lines and is there any remedy or what to have Thor do. Thks

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum