Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Tire pressure
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 09:08 PM   #4
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
You don’t have your coach listed or the size and make of your tires. If you list them, someone will probably send you or direct you to the website that has the chart for those tires. Correct tire pressure is crucial to the handling and safety of your coach and to the wear of your tires. The only way you can know your correct tire pressure for sure is to load your coach like you intend to travel in it and go weigh your coach both front and rear. Some weigh all four corners separately, but unless you have some reason to think that one side is way different than the other - that is probably not necessary. With the front and rear weight measurements, you can then go to the tire charts and see what the tire manufacturer recommends. I think that a set of Tire Minders or similar equipment to constantly measure your tire pressures and temperatures is a necessary safety feature - if your coach is not already so equipped. All my cars have this as standard equipment and a blow out is so much more dangerous in an RV than a car. I don’t know the RV manufactures get away with not providing it as standard on all RVs.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum