Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2019, 02:45 AM   #29
Hurricane34J

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #12625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
How did you get the feeds and power to each monitor - though the underside of did you drill a hole to pass cables?
Four Pictures attached.

Two are showing the left side where I have the left camera and the tablet mounted. You can see one picture shows with the front piece pulled back a bit so you can see where I drilled the hole to put the cable through. The other picture shows the the front piece normal. You can't see the hole. The cable just goes over to the center stack inside. The screens I used are 12volt and there is one "cable" that houses all wires... making it easy to install.

The other two pictures are the center stack. For those two screens I cut out a small piece for the cable to go down easier. You can see I pulled the front stack out a bit to show that. The 2nd picture the front is pushed back where it normally is. Hopefully that helps show the vision.

As far as power and such. As mentioned, the power and video for the screens are in a single cable and splits out at the end. I didn't really want the video into the video switcher anymore (which is also how the cameras get power), so I bought some male GX12-5's which is the other end of the camera video cables (same connector on the video switcher). Since I wanted the cameras to only turn on when the coach engine was on, I tapped into the 12V (white and red wires) going to the video switcher (same unit as pictures in this thread). That switched 12v now powers all three screens and all 3 cameras. When I turn on the ignition, the cameras and screens turn on automatically. The GX12-5 I soldered wire to the ends to create a "cable." I couldn't find anywhere that gave me a GX12-5 cable so I had to create it. Not sure if all GX12-5's use the same pin-out. But Pin 1 is the video signal (positive). Since the cameras are grounded, you don't need to connect video ground. Pin 2 is 12 volt negative (power to the camera)(Ground) and pin 5 is 12 volt positive to power the camera. I took Pin 1 and connected it the center (generally red wire) wire of the RCA male connector. The male RCA plugs into the RCA (female) video input which is connected to the screens. Repeat for each camera into each screen.

Hope this makes sense and helps. Happy to answer questions to clarify any points.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190419_182019 (Medium).jpg
Views:	163
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	16777   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190419_182013 (Medium).jpg
Views:	161
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	16778  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190419_182000 (Medium).jpg
Views:	157
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	16779   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190419_181957 (Medium).jpg
Views:	169
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	16780  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.