Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 2015 Axis 24.1
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2015, 03:51 AM   #1
AFirefighter

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2865
2015 Axis 24.1

Hello Thor Forum. My wife and I have owned our Axis for just over one year now. We purchased it last year to take my mother-in-law on a cross country bucket list trip. She and my wife were very instrumental in choosing the Axis. She spent 3 months planning where and what she wanted to see. I then mapped it out. She was not in the best of health and 2 days into our trip she passed away. She was very happy and we know that there would have been no other place she'd rather be.

So that's how we entered the RV lifestyle. I will be retiring soon, less than a year, and we plan to be full-time RV'ers. We've used the Axis on short camping trips here and there with the longest outing so far being this past Labor Day weekend where we made it a 5-day trip. Lots of fun was had with good friends.

We look forward to making new friends along the way, maybe we'll meet some of you.

The reason I found this forum, and joined, is that I found an issue today while attempting to exercise the Onan generator. It starts up fine but is not switching over to provide power to the coach. It worked fine before the Labor Day trip but not today. I started searching the internet and found a thread on here that may have answered my issue but until I can check it tomorrow I don't know.

I flipped the in line circuit breaker on the generator off and on several times but to no avail. I find nothing wrong in the main circuit panel either. Tonight I read something about a "transfer relay?' From what I can tell it is in a box under the passenger side bed. That is where the fresh water tank and water pump are stored. I don't recall seeing any box under there but will check tomorrow.

Not knowing anything about the transfer relay, I am not sure what I'll be looking for to know if it is the problem. I'm hoping you seasoned veterans will have some insight for this newbie. BTW, being a newbie, we've sure had our share of issues with our Axis. The biggest issue is the extreme lack of customer service from the dealership. Once we left their lot, we were on our own. Hopefully we'll have opportunity to share those experiences down the road. Overall we love the Axis and look forward to retirement.

Thanks in advance for any advice you have for us.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.