Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #8
LovemyClassC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #14082
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovemyClassC View Post
HaRVey: Thank you for the response. I will look into it. I like the idea and the simplistic approach but I am wondering if I can make it look representable and not cheap looking. I will keep my sites open for a bit but this one is definetly with merit.
HaRVey: Good morning. I checked and measured the top edge of the TV for mounting the HD Velcro. The only flat edge is only 1/4" wide and the aluminum angle would require constructing a attaching flat bar system to connect with the support anchor points on the TV back. Further, to complicate the matter is the connecting screws from the proposed sound bar support structure to the TV as well as the TV wall mount system; theses screws would need to be longer than the existing and would impact the TV screen back and would absolutely need to be a defined length, too long would be disasterous and at least risky. (In my opinion at this time). The idea and concept is very promising but I think to do this effort in a safer fashion is likely going to cost me a bit more cash but I am still looking into it. My next step is to remove the TV and the wall mount assembly; bring it all, including the sound bar into the fixed home and really look at it. I took all of the pertinent dimensions this morning. I may just belly up to the bar and completly replace the TV mount system to one that offers a sound bar connector system and one that offers more flexibility like horizontal articulation. This sounds more expensive. Maybe I can find a used one on Craigslist. So, the saga continues. Thank you

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.