Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 03:55 AM   #10
Huck

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger LX
State: Texas
THOR #6185
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Pictures help a lot! Now that you (and we) know that its not a relay but a thermal overload protector, I would go with your 15 amp fuse test. If it burns - you have a problem downstream. If it works and powers the downstream items as normal then you probably have a bad thermal overload and need to find a replacement.

Her's some from Amazon with a push button reset:

https://www.amazon.com/Aramox-Overlo...omotive&sr=1-8

Thanks for the information! Unfortunately for me the 15 amp fuse blew as soon as the leads touched the ports they plug into. I pulled the fuse box out and looked in there as best as I could, but I’m going to have to pull in the bed slide to get access to all that electrical mess in there. It’s supposed to be cooler tomorrow, so maybe I can shut off power and investigate without electrocuting myself.
I sure hope this will be easy to find since it was working just fine until the power shut off and the coach switched to battery power. Nothing was moving or shaking and no one was even inside when this happened. I just came in to turn on the generator to keep the A/C on while the power was out, and heard the clicking.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum