Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 05:28 PM   #1
Fish and Dear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
The New Hurricane!!!

Last Saturday we signed papers and traded the trusty Four Winds. Spent Sunday organizing all the storage and getting it settled. So this weekend we finally got it out on the road for a short trip.

But wow...I sure carry a lot of crap. Both of us, the 2 dogs, full of gas, propane, supplies, and fresh water I only have 650 pounds to spare. Tow dolly tongue weight is 300#, so we will be JUST under. I was a bit concerned about the 18k pound chassis, but at least I am not overloaded. And it fits in the garage. Weight is distributed well also. I had an alignment added as part of our deal, so now I get it aligned all loaded next week.

And I am NOT bashing Thor nor inviting diatribes about their poor workmanship or attention to detail, but we found 2 issues so far. One of them is actually comical. First is the water heater does not work on electric. I opened it outside, and there is no reset switch in this one. So not sure what to do about that other than have them fix it.

The funny thing is this. They plumbed the unit wrong. So...on pump some of our faucets are fine while others are reversed for hot and cold. Put it on city water and it is the opposite. I noticed while filling the dog bowl the water was hot. Meanwhile Melissa is in the shower screeching about no hot water. I tell her to try the cold side and she gets scalded. I put it on city water and everything is ass backwards from that. And nothing is consistent on one source or the other. Kitchen, outside kitchen, shower, bath sink...some are one way and others are different. I just found that funny as we made a list of which water comes from where depending on the source.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	16976   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	16977  

Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	16978   Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	16979  

2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.