Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 03:36 PM   #9
Thehobe1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #10354
PWM motor drive

I am an Electrical Engineer with quite a bit of experience with PWM (pulse width modulated) driving systems. The clue to the solution may be that it works at full speed. A PWM system puts out pulses with varying duty factor (0-100%) resulting in an average voltage drive to the motor of 0 to 12V (battery voltage actually). This allows quite a bit of flexibility for the motor driving system. It can be digitally or voltage driven according to the designers intent. I doubt that it is the switch unless the switch does not seem to be mechanically acting properly. My guess would be the control box being either water damaged or overload electrical damage (motor overcurrent during operation). I assume that is why that is a $460 motor probably having the motor control module inside the motor housing. If the unit works at full speed, the internal drive circuit is responding to the 100% on signal but not the lower duty factor signals.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum