Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Under the slide
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 03:24 AM   #4
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Wow you do have easier access compared to some other coaches. I was wondering (usually that’s dangerous) as a back up option (if other hose types are still causing you problems), if using reducer adapters at the end point stock pipes and a smaller diameter hose in between to match the reducers, might allow even more flexible retraction of your slide and put much less strain on the end point stock piping/joints. Might also allow the smaller diameter hose to be lifted off the floor and strategically fastened up out of the sweep interference zone? Of course you don’t want to go too small in pipe size or you would have a very slow drain.
I assumed the sweep material you mentioned might just be a current install material for your coach year.....but maybe they gave you a stand in solution that is not normal factory. I am not sure what my older ACE has for its slide sweeps, but I don’t think they are canvas (can't recall). I think they were more like a large flexible flat rubber mouldings.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.