Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Under the slide
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 04:58 AM   #5
TomAndLindaRogers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Minnesota
THOR #7948
We have a Hurricane 29M which, I believe, has similar sink to gray tank plumbing. In our coach, the elbow above the gray tank swivels (turns) as the slide moves in or out. The bag is supposed to help close the rectangular opening the gas, electric and plumbing lines run though as the slide moves. We could not keep the bag from snagging and binding up as the slide moves. So, I have removed the bag and wrapped the gas, electric and plumbing lines to protect them as the slide moves. I fill the opening left by removing the bag with styrofoam held in place with Velcro when the slide is open. The first photo is looking down from inside with the slide open. You can see the black swiveling elbow in the lower left and the foil covered styrofoam we use to fill the opening in the upper center. The second photo shows the opening when the slide is closed. The third photo was taken out side looking up at the bottom of the slide. It shows some of the damage done by the bag. I have to put the styrofoam in place when I open the slide and remove it before I close it but the slide operates much smoother now that the bag is gone. Plus the styrofoam seals the opening much better than the bag did.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9160927B-7D0E-43BB-B11E-13F7E5DDF3D0.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	17060   Click image for larger version

Name:	7643E5DF-8131-498D-8673-9224ED94B196.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	17061  

Click image for larger version

Name:	81B7AA54-EE36-4CF8-9F76-1366AC5B9988.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	17064  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.