Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor Aria 3601
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 12:32 PM   #22
Polishilldave

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3601
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #6909
We are heading into our third year of owning a 3601. We still love the unit and the service that we have received from Thor and our dealer General RV in Canton Ohio.
On the critical side:
- There have been many posts about basement leakage. I took pre-emptive action on this issue. The main frame supports beams run through the front wall of the basement. The foam/rubber flap seal on each was not adequate. I went under the coach and put flex tape around that opening for a more positive seal.
- The basement door seals have been made bigger in the newer models and the door wall thickness has been increased to address that leakage area.
- Insulation in the front cap behind the TV was skimpy. I took out the TV and insulated the cap with Refllextec and enclosed bat insulation.
- Slide topper on the passenger side sags and collects water. I think Thor has added a center roller support to correct this. Dometic makes a roller support for this issue, but it does not fit a Carefree topper.
On the positive side:
- The unit is a pleasure to drive
- We are getting around 10 mpg. I keep it at 62 mph.
- We started to look at upgrading this winter in Florida. Nothing matched the layout, price and included features. Quit looking.
- The awning mounted on the slide is a better design. Ours is coach mounted and not too useful.
- We have had great support from the Thor 800# and at the annual rally in Goshen.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum