Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 02:41 PM   #13
property@wvi.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #8222
When you say “reseal the cap” does that mean re/calk the cap? I had a very slow drip leak on drivers side dash near corner just under drivers side corner of winsheild.

I put flowable windsheild silicon in drivers side upper windsheild and re-caulked the driver side cap moulding and drivers side amber clearance light and top drivers side corner of cap where molding had seperated 3/4 inch. Also tighten the side rear view mirrors and recalked them. After it dried it looks like all the amber lights on top of cap need calking.

After 40 hours I sprayed water over the drivers side cap for about 5 minutes no water drip was seen on my dash.

But after it had all dried it was a sunny day I noticed water drawing slowly out of bottom drivers side windsheild molding. I stuck my finger under that area of windsheild molding and lifted slightly and water drained out. The motor home is tilted on driveway slightly down on drivers side so if water got under molding it would collect on drivers side.

I lifted a little more slightly, and the windsheild molding popped out. It was loose for at least a foot and drivers side bottom of window. I pushed on the molding and it popped back in.

Now I am concerned about winsheild not being attached properly.

Thinking of calling windsheild people who come to your site and have them look at it.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.