Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2019, 06:48 PM   #51
gnach

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
My parts came in, everything looks clean (I ordered everything from Amazon, & saved $$$ via the open/damaged box warehouse)
So, with connectors & 30amp controller...$310 + sales tax on some items

I’ll mount the two solid panels with the drill-free mounts
It has been suggested that I “rough-up” the drill-free mounts on the underside with a Dremel where the Sikaflex adheres to the roof.

I’ll wire the two panels in parallel, with branch connectors, and run the red & black lines down the refrigerator vent using 10 gauge stranded wire directly to the PWM 30amp controller located just inside at the entry door wall

Finally, a short 2’ run with fuse from the controller to the +/- battery terminals under the steps

I chose an $11 PWM controller for now
I can upgrade to an $80 MPPT controller at a later date if more efficiency is desired

Photos soon!
Bob, my experience with Amazon's Used and returned electrical/electronics prompts me to suggest that you assemble everything on the ground first and test it's functionality to make sure it's not DOA. That sticker might say it's inspected and tested but I've bought stuff that had been returned for warranty that just got passed through. Just sayin'.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum