Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 12:50 AM   #12
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
I guess if the manual says not to tow 4 down, it depends how much the owner is willing to gamble that the manufacturer is wrong (even if base plates are available from a 3rd party). My 2014 CRV is 4 down towable with a preamble required, but in 2015 + Honda changed the transmissions to be competitive.....no longer 4 down towable I understand.

My Remco link says the 2007 civic with manual is 4 down towable but the 2013 civic with any transmission is not......but I would believe the manual first, and then if other sources indicated otherwise, I would go back to the manufacturer to resolve with approval in writing. Printing errors can and do occur in many places. The cost of repairs usually lands in the owners' lap.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2007civic.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	17202   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013civic.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	17203  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum