Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #29
The Gritz Carlton

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
So, this is a question that I probably should put out on the full forum for all to see, but is it common practice for dealers to show a price, then say "Oh, by the way, you have to add $1200 for shipping and $1300 for prep"? I understand those are actual costs but if you have a hand written sign in the window that says the MSRP is this but we're selling it for that, it seems really sleazy to say afterwards that "that" isn't really "that".

Ask to see their invoice. Dealer prep is normal as long as it's reasonable...ask what's included in it. Doc Fees are normal but some dealers do not charge for it. I paid cash and refused to pay their $900 Doc Fee. There were no documents other than a Buyer's Order. Doc Fees cover all the finance paperwork, warranty registration, etc. Negotiate it. Do not pay for "paint protection", nitrogen in the tires, extended warranties, etc. They will chain you to a desk and put a bright light over your head. Just refuse to pay those ridiculous fees and start to walk out. It's best to have your bottom-line number before you ever sit down and stick to it. Get them to list EVERYTHING up front...before you get close to purchase.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.