Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 12:25 PM   #13
Debspinkpanther

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #15285
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
not sure what you mean by 'low voltage'.... anything that you plug in uses 120v. Volts is not your issue, amps are.
Ok well the 120 volt tv draws too much power and a 12 volt doesnt not everything you plug in is 120 volts my phone isnt, my portable washer isnt my 20 inch tv isn't, my toaster isnt, my DVD player isn't, my crock pot isnt volts x AMPS = Watts. We know our RV and the breaker both top off at 20 AMPS we Just spent our entire savings on this RV we cannot afford to buy or install a larger electrical panel at this moment and we cannot rewire the intire RV with a cat and a dog inside without killing them we wanted to go tiny so we did we did not relise that the tv and the ps4 would draw too much power and ya we are bummed but do not care. We just want to ask if anyone has found a fewer lower volt appliances so we dont have to search for them but it looks like thats what im going to have to do because askimg the community isnt helping. I apricaite the input everyone I am sorry I asked.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.