Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #21
Debspinkpanther

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #15285
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
I have a 50amp coach, but have run on a simple 15amp outlet from a home on many occasions... but I also have to be very aware of 'what' is being powered at the same time. I turn off the electric water heater, turn off or down the battery charger, use very few large draw items or appliances at the same time, and generally don't power an electric heater or certainly a roof air conditioner in those situations... it's mostly for 'temporary' power, not the best option when 'living' in an RV long-term.

Having said that, it IS possible to get by on only a household outlet, but pairing back on everything is critical. You are doing what you have to in order to keep the amp usage low, which is perfect, but you just won't have enough amps to ever do a lot at the same time, especially if that same outlet is on a circuit shared by other things in your friend's house.
Well its powered to an empty barn with nothing pluged in sitting on 240 acres of land

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.