Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #27
richguess1946

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: California
THOR #15058
Quote:
Originally Posted by symchuk View Post
I was looking at different options for an inverter and ended up settling on a 3000 Watt Inverter. I have a 25.2 vegas and there is no room behind the fuse panel for the 1200 watt that I saw lots of videos for. The space beside it has the furnace. I do have a sofa bed in mine with lots of room beside the water tank. I even have room for 2-4 lithium batteries in the future. I found the transfer switch under the stove. I was planning to go from the transfer switch, under the floor than back up under the sofa. Does anyone have any advice for drilling through the floor and how to seal the holes?
I just put a 1500 w in my 27.2 ACE.

Couple of things:
Don’t put the inverter in the same compartment as the batteries.
Keep it close to the batteries, those are big wires.

I installed mine in the compartment next to the batteries, ran the wires out thru a hole I drilled. Used the foam stuff to fill the holes. Mine had a remote on/off switch. I ran that up to a place by my thermostat.

Next, I ran the 120v side into the area where the 120v distribution panel is. I found which plugs I wanted to have inverter power to, and cut those wires after they exited the box, on their run to the plugs. Then I installed an A/B switch for shore/off/inverter. The ACE is probably different, but same concept. This way no getting into transfer switches, etc. I’ll only use the inverter when off the grid and no gen running, so for me it’s a great solution.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum