Click Here to Login
Thread: Suspension
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
There are several other threads here about suspension upgrades, so you can do a search and get various opinions/info.

Here was my approach on my Chateau 31E:
1. First get a good alignment. You want at least 5 degrees of positive caster. On some you will need to have camber/caster sleeves installed to get that much caster, but mine was already at +5 degrees.

2. I installed bigger Hellwig swaybars front and rear.

3. I installed a Saf-T-Plus steering controller.

These changes made a big difference in the driveability. No more wandering around the lane, better steering feel, much less getting pushed around when semis pass. Went from white-knuckle driving to a much more relaxing drive.

My next step will be to install Bilstein HD shocks, but I'm pretty happy with the current handling so it isn't a big priority.

The big 32' class C's like ours tend to be very heavy at the rear, so I think beefing up the rear springs would also help a lot, but I haven't done this. Either add a leaf to the springs or add some sort of helper springs or air bags.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.