Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 03:16 AM   #19
Long & Winding road

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
That's a lot of work posting in this thread!

You didn't read the OP:
He wants an additional 15 amps of shore power available
He wants it in the kitchen where lots of appliances can use close to 15 amps all by themselves
He additionally wants the convenience of a couple of USB charging ports since he's installing a new receptacle anyway.

I hope that makes more sense to you now.
Yes I read it, but its "only 15 amps". I know that a lot but Im thinking these outlets can go up to 15 amps? (or is it 10 amp?). I would think he could run that on one outlet (but with nothing else drawing big amps on the same line - so not like TWO blow dryers or TWO electic heaters at the same time on same circuit).

I guess the question is "what are you running and what else do you want to run at the same time"?. Then that would determine if he needs an extra OUTSIDE 15/20 amp hookup in addition to his 30 amp.

I would still think he could run a separate 10 g romex from the existing breaker panel (with its own 15 or 20 amp breaker) and route new wire to where he needs the outlet.... but I could be wrong.....its happend before.... dont tell anyone.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.