Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 10:27 PM   #8
LandKO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahauser View Post
—-
I've been in Aviation for over 30 years and just assumed that when you buy something like an RV, people would have pride in workmanship, do things right, esp. when something like a smoke detector could get you hurt .

Ok, enough of the soap box. Just beware...
Thanks
I too, spent over 30 years in aviation (custom business aircraft), and yes in that industry there is pride in workmanship and an expectation of a quality product.
However comparing the construction of multi-million dollar aircraft that are most often custom built with a mass produced RV that often sell for less than $100,000 may be a stretch.
For example, aircraft cabinet makers are usually craftsman while in the RV industry, from what I’ve seen, craftsmen are few and far between. ( the true craftsmen move on to the aircraft industry, where the pay is much better )
But, you do have a point, the RV industry does need to concentrate more on building a quality product.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum