Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #7
tinman01

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 GT
State: North Carolina
THOR #7843
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
If you're for sure going the 5th wheel route soon...I would just make a clean break for it. Mixing it up causes too many possibilities something may not work wit the other. There's a big difference in a 1500 vs. a 3500 and all the 4 down gear is expensive. You looking for a dually 3500 or SRW? If your Jeep runs OK...keep towing it till you're ready.
It has its problems, like 250000 miles, but your right, it may be a better course of action to nurse it along and get the truck and get it set up for when we do. It does make more since doing it that way. A lot less wear and tear on the big truck to tow it as much as we travel. As noted in another post there is a lot of miles on my rigs and most of the miles on the jeep are tow miles which don't show on the odometer. I had to replace the tires once already on the jeep due to wear! I'd rather not do that to 6 tires the size of the 1 ton uses. $$$$$!!!

Thanks
Don

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.