Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Suspension
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #8
jabrabu

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chatea 31E
State: Maryland
THOR #5837
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandKO View Post
I went about the suspension Mods on my Freedom Elite 30FE a little differently than above.
First I self installed a Roadmaster RSSC Reflex Stabilizer. That, by itself, did little to help handling.
Then, I self installed the Sumo SSF-106-47 springs and the Roadmaster RM-1139-176 front sway bar, followed up by a front end alignment.
Driving to the alignment appointment I did notice improvements in handling in that steering corrections had been greatly reduced and passing semi’s had less effect on control.
After the alignment I noticed even further improvement overall.
I now need to make a decision as to installing the rear sway bar and Sumo Springs or not. The question in my mind is, is the extra $900+ expenditure going to make a significant improvement over what I have now?
I’d be interested to hear comments from those that have added the rear suspension mods and from those that have chosen not to.

Since these big class C's are so heavy at the rear, I think the larger rear swaybar would be a good idea. I installed the front and rear swaybars at the same time so I can't say how much difference each one made, but I actually think the rear is the more important one to upgrade.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.