Old 05-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #10
LandKO

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
You would think the manufacturers would get with Ford and work this out on the chassis prior to delivery to the MH manufacturer. It's not like they don't know what's going on the chassis...equally, it's not like they don't know the majority of owners end up doing something to make the handling tolerable. The manufacturers will build the most they can and stretch the weight limits to the max. Ford understands this and should build the chassis suitable for the purpose.
Yes, us as knowledge consumers would agree with your premise.
But the Manufacturers (Thor, Ford and others in the RV industry) only look at the bottom line. It comes down to saving $$$ in their production processes. Ford would have to raise their prices to the RV industry if they had a dedicated “RV” chassis. The RV industry would then raise their prices accordingly.
Would the average RV buyer be willing to pay more? My guess is, they wouldn’t be aware of the difference, until one or more RV manufacturers decide to cut costs by going “cheaper” on the build, thus selling at a lower price. Again, would the average RV buyer be aware that cheaper is not better? I think not.
So, they continue to build as is and the aftermarket companies like etrailer, CW and other RV shops make their profits too selling and installing upgraded components.
And the average consumer goes on, unknowing that it’s a pay me now or pay me later scenario.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.