Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 12:47 PM   #7
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmullins View Post
Well I thought of that also so I put the battery on a charger and with a volt meter I get a reading of 12.4 volts.

Hi, well it sounds like you have now charged your batteries (wet cell |I assume?) to 12.4 volts which is only about 75% (approx) of full charge (full is 12.65 volts lightly or no load). When you are levelling you should leave the engine running so the alternator is keeping the coach batteries charged with voltage (14+ VDC potentially and assisting them somewhat with much higher current than your converter can supply as well). This assumes that your chassis and coach batteries are connected together via the interconnect relay (which should be automatically done by the battery management system in your coach). A voltmeter across coach and chassis batteries will tell you this relay is closed, as both battery sets will read the same voltage and it will be more than 13 VDC (not on shore power just engine running).

From your description (gen won’t start and inverter won’t start) it almost sounded like your main DC coach battery breaker had tripped which is why JamieGeek is suggesting you check that situation and reset it if actually tripped. Did you mean the generator cranks OK, but weakly? If the gen cranked but not very well then your main DC coach battery breaker is probably OK......just coach batteries are (were) not fully charged. It does not hurt to know where this 100 amp resettable breaker is located though. Once fully charged and with engine running your hydraulics should work without issues. Famous last words.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum