Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #28
gator

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #2830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debspinkpanther View Post
We need help finding certain nessesities to work with a 20AMP. I wanted to replace the crockpot with an instipot does anyone know if it will work? Also need space heaters (Our furnace is a disaster and 3,000 to fix). I cant even use my hair dryer. We are selling or ps4 and or 40" chromecast smart tv because they cant even be used.
On a side note my boyfriend is an electrician we can upgrade to bump up to a 30 or 50 amp but it takes time and money so we are saving up for one project at a time and the conversion for the RV lower on the list
The issue is that RV manufacturers gang to many circuits into one breaker because it is cheaper. Less wire and fewer breakers. My Thor ACE gangs AC, microwave, and some other circuits together. A single 20 amp breaker is not going to handle AC and microwave at once. I plan to rewire my AC unit to it's own 20 amp breaker to avoid this. If the microwave continues to kick the breaker after this separation I will also give it it's own breaker. If you plan to run electric heaters you may choose to run a dedicated circuit for that if you should have the same issue. As another blogger replied, same problems with a 50 amp service. It's not the service it's taxing single breakers by ganging too many circuits to that single breaker.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.