Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 12:17 PM   #3
Fish and Dear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Arkansas
THOR #11266
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
I log everything we do, mileage from every point to another, where we go, fuel we take on, cool events we visit and all maintenance including repairs made. I just keep it in a binder notebook that stays in the MH. Friends can write notes and comments and there's always paper available for grocery lists, etc. I will pass this on to the new buyer when we sell it. There are times we will pass something we wan to go back to someday and we'll make notes of that on the fly. A spreadsheet is nice but it's like pictures in your phone....out of site...out of mind. I do scan receipts into a folder so the paperwork doesn't pile up. There are a number of pre-printed log books you can buy specifically for maintenance. I like the "old ways" of doing things...like you did before.
Yeah those "old ways" do have their advantages. In the previous log I had comments about how things looked, and how I performed things, etc. So much more info than a check box. If it ever came down to lawyers being involved I am sure a good one could argue the diary provides better proof of maintenance performed than a simple check box type form. Our binder stays in the rig, too, but I never got to the point of having a comments section for visitors and friends. My Australian Shepherd keeps visitors to a minimum anyway. LOL
2015 Ford Explorer XLT Toad
Fish and Dear is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.