Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Slide stuck
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 12:14 PM   #14
Chuck and Mary Ann

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck and Mary Ann View Post
Ok, now I can join the club of slide issues. Had an Appointment to get the front end aligned that we waited a week for. Went to put the slides in to go, bedroom slide came in fine, full wall started and right motor failed after 5-10 seconds. tried several times, tied the over ride (6 pushes and hold the 7th until flashing) and still no luck. We are now searching for a mobile repair service to come out to get this slide fixed and then how much do I trust the rest of the unit overall - this really impacts are planned cross country jaunt in a month - looks like we may cancel if I can't trust the coach. Saw all the ideas above - thanks, but have no idea where the slide motor are to try and replace them - any pictures for a Palazzo 36.1?
I posted our status on the stuck slide but have no idea where it landed so I'll add it here - I'm still not sure why I can't execute a new post topic, but anyway!
Local company Alpine RV Service came out yesterday - they are quick to respond and Frank the tech is great to work with - lots of experience and an RVer (rebuilds them too). Tried everything I did and got the came results. did a double toggle on the in and out touch buttons and the slide came in - sluggish but came in. put it back out and went to look around the outside. Checked the seals and they were ok but a little crushed in the middle, like they were not put on straight - suggested new seals - have to order those before I pull anything apart. Also felt the metal roller pads and found them to be gummed up and sticky - looks like the "supposed slide lube" i bought at CW turns to a sticky mess once applied? Can says slideout lube, CW said that's the one, Frank says that's part of the binding problem. Cleaned it all off and sprayed the rollers as best I could with Non Chlorinated Brake Cleaner - took the crap right off. Any friction against the slide motors that crates enough of a resistance in the motor cuts the motor off and the slide where detected stops. Cleaned every thing re-lubed all the seals, tossed the can of Slideout Lube in the trash and went to White Lithium Grease as suggested. Slide balked a couple of times but did eventually come in so I can get it lined up today. Hopefully the cleanup and new lube will start to reduce the resistance and make the slide work easily. There are seven rollers and slide pads that work on this slide and if cleaning them all helped this go back to running smoothly, I'm all sorts of happy. I'll know later today when I get back from the alignment and open the slides whether the effort was successful. Will also purchase a motor to have on hand, now that I know where they are hiding!

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.