Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Steps Failed
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 11:11 PM   #6
Miramar Owner

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
Steps failed...update

The extended warranty (Compass) required me to take the motorhome in to a service center...they wouldn't pay me for the part...so it cost them $459 for the repair instead of the $83 i wanted for the new motor.

Camping World explained to me that they don't replace just the motor for warranty work. They replaced the entire assembly...motor, gears and electrical box. He said it is difficult to "go back to the well" for more authorizations if they run into issues so they just replace the whole thing.

Anyway, it's done and warranty paid with no deductible. Yay.

He also told me what causes the steps to go out prematurely is not taking extra care to make sure they out and "locked" into position before stepping onto them. The mechanism can handle a lot of weight (650 pounds) but the little motor can not. I'm sure I've opened the door and used the steps before they were fully extended. Lesson learned.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.