Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2019, 08:42 PM   #59
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
I had purchased a Flow-Rite battery watering system a few weeks ago and just got around to installing it today. If you buy one of these, there are a few things you need to know.
  • There are a couple of versions. 6 volt batteries use Flow-Rite RV2000 and 12 volt batteries use Flow-Rite MP2000 It's not clearly noted so be careful to get the correct product.
  • Also, the package does not come with the Hand Pump, which is required to make the system work. Yes, you have to order it separately, another $28 bucks. Model number on that is RV2020
It took about an hour to install and is just the ticket for watering batteries that are tucked away in hard to get places. I was a little irritated that Flow-Rite soaked me for another $28 bucks on the hand pump, but it-is-what-it-is, I guess.

Also installed a TPMS. I spent a long time browsing on Amazon and was surprised at how many of the Chinese TPMS systems were the same product, just branded differently. I didn’t want to spend $600 on a system if I didn’t have to, so I opted for the B-Qtech wireless solar power TPMS. (Gotta love those Chinese names!) It was about $130.00 and had 5 star reviews, so I decided to give it a try.

The lack of instructions was incredibly frustrating, but in the end I prevailed. The main unit has a solar charger on the display, and supposedly it will keep the unit charged. We’ll see.

And lastly, I picked up a few Sensor-Brite 360 wireless motion activated lights. (Thank you Jerry “halfprice” for your recommendation a couple of weeks ago.) I installed a couple of these handy little lites in the closet so when we open the sliding door, we have lite! I had a small, battery powered LED in there already, but you had to turn it on manually. Not a big deal really, but these motion activated rascals are sooo much better.
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum