Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 03:59 PM   #2
javelin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, I see you have no responses so far and while I am not familiar with your coach, it is not unusual to have screws undo themselves from certain vibration patterns over time. I have seen floor screws with lino on top undo themselves up under the floor. So the question is did the screws just rotate down or did they “pull out” of the support material in the ceiling from too much weight? In other words can you tighten them up again and are they holding tight? If they were going into metal supports you could try using blue locktite thread locker on the exposed screw threads and tighten them up.......but if they are going into (or through) wood support I don't think thread locker is appropriate. In that case you could try lock washers and a flat head style screw with flat washer below to try to prevent screw rotation from vibration. At least that way you can remove the screws in future if required.......blue locktite also allows removal as well but probably not the best in this case.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.