Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 11:50 AM   #10
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
are you absolutely SURE that you don't have your batteries 'backwards', meaning that you are actually refilling and charging your VEHICLE starting battery(s), and not your HOUSE batteries? Your House batteries should have nothing to do whatsoever with you 'starting' Vehicle batteries, no matter if they are dead or not. House batteries are only connected to your 12v lights, fans, water pump, etc. for your RV, not for your vehicle.

'Could' your AUX or EMERGENCY START switch be somehow remaining in 'contact' constantly, and thereby draining your Vehicle's batteries? I suppose, but in that case, it would also be draining your HOUSE batteries, therefore they would ALSO be dead. So I don't think that it's a viable concern.

I think you actually just are loosing your VEHICLE batteries, not your House batteries, which is why you can't start the vehicle until you refill and charge them. Makes sense.
You probably have a drain on your Vehicle battery(s), such as a radio or monitor that is remaining on, even if you don't realize it. Being on shore power probably won't impact your Vehicle battery(s), either, as for many RVs, there is no 'charging' of the vehicle's battery(s) just because you are on shore power.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum