Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: 5 Star tune
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 12:22 AM   #1
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
5 Star tune

At risk of revisiting an old subject I wanted to share my recent experience with the 5 Star Tune in my 2015 F53 chassis 32ft Class A. In a word - wow! Those of you familiar with my posts know that I am not normally given to re-engineering my machines. But my previous coach was newer and had the 6 speed transmission and when I bought my current one I had some trouble adjusting to the behavior of the 5 speed. I wanted to try the 5 Star before an upcoming 6 week trip to the northwest primarily because of the altered shift patterns. I didn’t think I needed more power and was skeptical that there would be any in any case. (Ford has darn good engineers and I’m always skeptical that smaller, aftermarket companies think they can do better...). I still don’t know if the power and torque are altered but I can tell you that the driving dynamics are hugely improved! Installation was stone cold simple and in my opinion the whole experience was well worth the rather substantial $450 cost. Don’t know what the effect would be on the 6 speed models but, in my case it’s a clear win. Only about 225 miles so far so no mileage conclusions yet but it’s not going to matter to me even if it’s down some (there’s no such thing as a free lunch!) And it sure seems as if the engine is not working so hard so I’d not expect any decrease to be substantial. Cool!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.