Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 08:51 AM   #1
emptynesters

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 22fe
State: Illinois
THOR #12560
Shower Skylight hail Damage!

Just home from a Trip to Denver, Loveland, Berthoud Colorado, via I70 from Illinois through Missouri, Kansas and finally Colorado! 2 days home and we have the biggest hail storm I've ever seen. Golf ball size hail (I have pictures), so our 10 1/2 month old new Class C RV Freedom Elite 22?, has 13,000 dollars of damages. Mostly the rubber roof, skylight in shower and vent covers, Also the slide out canopy (not out during storm), has shredded at the point where it is rolled up against the rv. The body of course, has huge dents from the hail. After the storm, me, 4"11", and a new stainless steel hip, climbed up to the roof to put a garbage bag over the gaping holes in the shower skylight. Repairs around the county are booking 3 months out, naturally, I called the Thor company in Earnhardt, they were every nice and I was referred to a parts department, giving my last 8 digits of VIN, I was given part numbers for replacing the skylight. Told I had to order from a dealer, which I already knew. However, when I go to find the skylight inner and outer part by the numbers I was given, There's absolutely no description or matching part numbers for the online camping world site. Our dealer is in Indianapolis, We could not even schedule a warranty inspection until 3 days before our warranty expires. With the horrible storms that are continuing to pop up each night, I am very concerned about water damage if we don't get this skylight replaced, asap. These are the numbers I was given from Thor directly. Inner part of skylight 013696, Outer part 0352432. Does anyone have any information about replacing the skylight, which by the way, I could care less about having it at all, is very very flimsy and the hail shattered both inner and out parts. I'm so confused, our local RV dealer, cannot help us as they are booked out 3 months, If I replace it under insurance, which has gracefully already sent us a check for damages,Indy is 90 miles away and 22 days out. We expected to be back in Denver on the 23rd of June, Holy, cow, can anyone offer any advise on what I can order online, get help replacing so we don't have mold or water damage, that I'M BETTING WON'T BE COVERED. I did ask for the dimensions of the parts, she said 14X22. How hard can this be, really? I've spent all day online and on phone, its a hard day my friends. If U can really help me, please I would be so grateful. THE EMPTYNESTERS.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum