Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2019, 10:39 AM   #2
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
One challenge will be that with the continuous storms of the past two weeks in the same general area, repair services for everything under the sun are going to be backed up. Someone else here posted they had a broken shower skylight from the hail storms as well.

Our Class C is 10 months old too and I have learned quickly not to rely on dealers for any make / model just about anywhere in the lower 48.

I have already been searching for local (up to 2 hours away) independent RV repair shops to handle repairs that I can't do myself because I will be done with dealers once the warranty has expired. I found one on my own and then someone I met at a campground told me about a great one (by reputation) about 2 hours away that can fix any make / model and stand behinds their work.

I would start searching for any independent RV repair places in your area and give them a call.

I would also try e-mailing and calling Thor again since you are under warranty (even though this is not a warranty issues). I had issues with my dealer after having my rig in over the winter for a couple of months to fix some issues. A couple new issues developed on the 6-hour drive home. I wrote an e-mail explaining my situation and implored Thor to send me the parts so I could fix the issues myself..... and they did!!!

Sometimes it depends on the person you reach. Some people will deliver great customer service when the situation warrants it. If you explain you have a hole in your new rig that will only cause more damage from water intrusion and no dealer can see you for a month or more, you might find someone that will send you the vent cover.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum