Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 12:40 AM   #1
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Hydrolic leveling jacks won't retract

A few months ago I did the CHF and today I finally got a chance to take the ol girl for a drive, about 100 miles or so, to a campground in GA. I am ecstatic with the results.

I found myself cruising at 65 and it felt like I was driving my 250HD. Well, almost as good anyway. But it was awesome and I was feeling really relaxed as I cruised down the Interstate. Right up to the point where that nasty cross wind took my confidence to levels it haven't been in years. So I slowed it down to 55-60 and carefully made it the rest of the way to the campground.

It's not the most level place I've ever seen and when I put the front leveling jacks down, they made a horrible noise. The front jacks were about 1/2 way down and when I tried to bring them back up, they wouldn't have anything to do with it.

The rear jacks work fine, but the front refuse to go up. They will go further down, but I have to get underneath the MH and pry them up to make them move upwards.

So I'm here for the next 4 days, on a serious angle, and wondering how to make these jacks retract.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: Sorry, I meant hydraulic. Spelled it wrogn. :-)
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.