Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
A/C Odds and Ends

I upgraded the analog Coleman Mach Thermostat this week to the digital version. There are new ones on eBay for $58 and free shipping. It's a nice little upgrade if you would like to know the inside temp of the coach and a little more accurate control over setting the temp. Works like a champ.

I am also hoping to get around to installing the 320W flexible Renogy solar panels I purchased a month ago.... if the rain and storms ever stop.

Yesterday I ran a little test and am really looking forward to adding the solar. We have an Outlaw and turn the garage into a master suite when we get to our destination and unload the Spyder. The garage has a small Danby A/C unit that does a good job cooling the garage area. The main A/C can keep things cool but it is nice having a supplemental unit on really hot days. It is on it's own 15A circuit.

I ran an extension cord from the outlet powering the TV in the garage that can run off the inverter to the A/C unit in the garage. I cut the shore power and turned on the Inverter (Xantrex 1000W). To my surprise the Inverter powered the A/C without any problem.

I won't run it that way on the stock Inverter since it is a modified sine wave Inverter but it is nice to know it is possible. At some point I may replace the stock Zantrex with their full sine wave Inverter in case I would ever want to run the garage A/C if I didn't have access to shore or genny power.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 5.41.40 AM.png
Views:	78
Size:	404.9 KB
ID:	17779  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.