Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2019, 07:29 PM   #6
Mario

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Mexico
THOR #15493
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
I wouldn't be concerned on the weight of the Gray & Black tanks, unless you keep filling the fresh and never empty the gray or black.

In other words as the fresh gets used up it gets lighter, the gray and black tanks then get heavier.
I don't know of anyone that travels with full fresh, gray and black tanks.

There are also plenty of dump stations available including some rest areas and gas stations, also most campgrounds charge a small fee to just dump ($5-$10).

So usually black & gray weight are not issues
I agree. I have a line for total weight just so I know if for example we drive to my folks' place and can top off fresh water from the house but have nowhere to dump gray/black in their community.

For the rest of the calculations, I figured 10% for each (black & gray).

Total average weight with 6 people, 2 dogs and full tanks =GrossVehicleWeightLBS+(6*154)+(2*60)+FuelLBS+Liqu idPropaneLBS+FreshWaterLBS+(GrayWaterLBS*10%)+(Bla ckWaterLBS*10%)

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.