Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #66
Squerly

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar London Aire
State: North Carolina
THOR #14340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Your doing an outstanding job. It looks like a new coach!
Thank you L&WR!

As a follow up to a couple of things, one of them being the TPMS. It worked as advertised on the current trip I'm on. We left Franklin, NC and drove to Shoal Creek Campground, just West of Atlanta. It's about 100 miles (+-) and that was more than enough to warm the tires up. I started with 100 lbs per tire and they heated up to about 112-115. I had the warning set at 110, which was less than it should have been, so I got an over-inflation alarm when the pressure crossed the threshold.

I had expected to get a warning from it as I suspected I had the settings a bit low, but I had wanted the alarm to activate so that I knew what to expect. And now I do.

As for mounting the display, I had put it far enough out on the dash so that the solar collector would get plenty of sun, but at that distance and with the glare of the sun, it's hard for my old(er) eyes to read it. And of course, that far away and with all the other noise in the coach, I could barely hear the alarm going off. (OK, truth be known, I couldn't hear it at all. )

The monitor is wireless, so when we got to the campsite, I moved it to a closer location which should remedy any of the earlier problems.

The other thing I want to comment on is the CHF that I (and so many others) have taken the time to make. The results were fantastic! Driving this beast has always been was a white knuckle event, and I had often felt that my previous experience on the racetrack was a large factor in keeping it on the road. But since the CHF, this 22,000 lb baby just purrs down the road. It even handles well when hit broadside by a nasty side wind, and I saw a lot of that between Franklin and Atlanta the other day.

I want to give the CHF mod a 5 out of 5 review and recommend it to anyone with an F-53 chassis looking for improved handling.

I am happy!
2016 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock edition
Squerly is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum