Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 04:25 AM   #17
drzoomin

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Idaho
THOR #15465
I solved my problem. Short answer it was the Sail Switch.

I called a local dealer and surprise surprise, they couldn't get it in for a few weeks. I thought to myself that this could not be that difficult of a problem to solve as it is giving me the error light!!! I decided that I was going to just wire the across either the sail switch or the limit switch and see if it fired up. I know, I know. Bad idea, but whatever, I wasn't going to leave it like that, and that way I could really identify if a switch was the problem. So off to work I went and didn't too far into my journey. I took out the sail switch and just depressed it and low and behold the furnace fired right now. Although a few moments later it cut out again, but it didn't cut out again after doing this procedure a few times. I put it back in place, screwed the switch back in and it was has worked since. The switch again appeared clean and spotless and appeared to be working fine the entire time. The switches are super cheap, so I will buy another one and put it in there. But it appears the limit switch is good and the sail switch is bad. I don't know how or why, but everything is workig correctly and thought I would/should post my followup so others can learn from my experience.

Thanks everyone for your. I have a few other problems that I will post in another thread.

Caleb

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum