Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Atwood furnace
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 01:51 AM   #19
D and C Kincaid

Brand: Still Looking
Model: View
State: Nevada
THOR #7987
Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
The furnace ran for about 24 hours and then, this afternoon, won't relight. The blower comes on when I engage the thermostat and the burner tries to ignite 3 times and the everything times out. I don't have any propane issues with any other appliance, the range, refrigerator, or water heater. They all work fine. I could understand it if it shut down and never worked again but it's intermittent, works then doesn't then works again for a while. I'm thinking of maybe replacing the entire furnace. I've got about $1000 wrapped in repairs with different mobile techs so far.
We had a similar problem with our 2017 ACE. What I finally figured out was that the furnace ran just fine when the slider was in, but would not ignite when the slider was out. Had no problems with the other appliances, stove, water heater, refrigerator. Problem turned out to be the gas line. In the hole where it comes up through the floor, the gas line for the furnace, and only that line started getting squished flat when the slider was extended. Our fix was to loosen the bundle a bit, by replacing the zip ties with slightly looser ties, so that the gas line could move as the slider extended. It has worked great since. And yes, we paid a service company several hundred dollars to take apart the furnace and try to figure it out, however what none of us realized at the time was the issue with the slider. I figured that out later at home when I couldn't get the furnace to fire up after we took it home, and put the slider out as I was cleaning and stocking for an upcoming trip! Our gas lines come up under the kitchen sink, but that may not be the case with your unit.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum