Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 07:30 PM   #1
MTHook

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
THOR #13360
Bathroom Counter top loose from wall

Fairly minor problem with the half bath counter top being loose from the wall. When they built the unit they put 3 screws into the 3/4x3/4 block under the top. Those only hit the wall board and just spin so tightening isn't working.
Being the bright guy I am, I ran out and got a couple toggle bolts small enough to fit thru the 3/4 block. Drilled the 3/4 block and of course had to make a plate to cover the block and drill a small hole for the toggle bolt itself. I got the large holes drilled, installed the toggles drew the bolts tight and the toggle fell apart.
I forgot that these things have foam instead of fiberglass so the toggle didn't open up.
So I need an idea what to do next. I'm thinking about shooting some gorilla glue into the foam/wall board with a wooden peg, let dry and screw the thing together. Hopping for a better idea.
Any ideas how to get the foam cleaned out behind the wall board, see the drawing I need the area between the dotted lines
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Windsport 34 E.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	17892  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.