Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Avm111nav
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #6
ThomasL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #15037
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Well the problem with a trouble forum is that those trying to help risk insulting others sometimes with the basics, but you would be surprised at how many folks new to RVing and all the coach systems, that do not understand any or basic systems operation.

Did your GPS ever work? Does resetting the radio have any impact? You could try removing the radio to make sure the GPS antenna is fully connected and not kinked somewhere. Where did you find the GPS puck antenna? I have read some people found them actually inside the dash.....which to me would not be a great place for good satellite reception......but sure easy for the factory to install.
I found the antenna wedged in the corner of the dash. I pulled on the wire as much as I have dared so far and have looked for the wiring with no luck. My unit has shown location after sitting for awhile, it just shows no reception as I have started to move.

I am really frustrated with this system, especially with the lack of reach that the co-pilot has to the system.

I am going to try a full reset and try again

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum