Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #2
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Jamie, as you may recall, a few mid-size motorhomes have started coming from manufacturer with two 11,000 BTU/hr Power Saver A/Cs which are power by 30-Amp electrical service or a 4,000-Watt Onan generator.

Anyway, even after the A/Cs are started, it would pay to use as little power as possible on air conditioning so that other items in the motorhome can be operated at same time (albeit nothing power hungry). Running two standard 13,500 A/Cs will leave very little excess, if any. So, in my opinion, not as practical.

While doing research on Airxcel, I saw that they will be introducing additional Power Saver models that may be of interest to some looking to upgrade to two A/Cs that can run off their existing electrical. Those with shore power can always run an extra extension cord, but if trying to power from 4,000-Watt Onan while boondocking, it may make sense to buy more efficient air conditioners.

I haven’t seen electrical performance specs yet, but I’m curious if the smaller 11,000 Power Saver will be as efficient as the standard size. The Mach 10 line is much lower and a better aesthetic fit on smaller RVs. I like the idea of more efficient “and” low profile. Whether these will need a soft start we’ll have to wait for specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airxcel
A 15,000 BTU capacity Power Saver unit has been added to the medium profile lineup and an 11,000 BTU capacity Power Saver unit has been added to the low-profile lineup, commonly known as the Coleman-Mach 10.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.