Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Camera again
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 10:24 PM   #12
Buckeye7756

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #15559
Talking Camera cables

Sudden loss of video is likely a loose connection. Most coaches have three cameras (L, R, rear). The monitor shows just one at a time based on the position of turn signals and gear selector. This is accomplished by a small silver box that switches the feed as appropriate. The video cable from the camera switch box to the radio's display monitor is most likely the loose connection. This has a very cheap friction connector at both ends that will simply vibrate right out of place.

I lost video twice in just a few days.
The first time the video cable connection to the radio-display screen came loose. Easy fix. I was able to easily find the video connection point on the back side of the radio an re-attach. These connections generally have a yellow marking. I did not need to remove the radio. Just get on the floor and look up behind it.

DAYS LATER ALL THREE CAMERAS FAILED AGAIN WHILE DRIVING.
This time the other end of same video cable became detached. Much more difficult problem. It took me 3 hours to find the control box (switching box) up inside the dash. I was determined to find this switch box without taking the dash apart or removing the radio. Finally I put my iPhone camera on video record and probed all over the underside of my dash while recording. After 30 minutes I found the bugger! It was just tossed up in a recess behind the radio NOT SECURED TO ANYTHING. It was just to the right of the driver seat and back behind the left side of my radio several inches.

ONCE I found this it was a 10 second fix. I have now taped the connections at the camera switch control box and the radio to keep them from vibrating off again. THOR really needs to do this when the build the coach. So frustrating!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum