Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2019, 11:10 PM   #5
Buckeye7756

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #15559
Angry Slide Retract Failure on ACE 29.3

I have a 2017 Thor ACE 29.3 with a full side slide out. This morning I could not retract the slide. After ensuring there were no obstructions and trying EVERYTHING the THOR manual and help desk prescribed, nothing worked. So finally I decided to manually adjust the leveling jacks to raise the SLIDE side of my coach above level. WHA LA! The slide finally retracted normally.

My conclusion - Full side slides are nice BUT, the motors used on them are marginally able to produce the torque necessary to move them. YOU MUST BE LEVEL OR SLIGHTLY OFF LEVEL TO THE ADVANTAGE OF THE SLIDE. In my case, despite being certain I was level, I had to get unlevel to help the motors bring the slide back in.

I may find I have other underlying issues with one or more motors. But this slide has been deployed maybe 25-30 times in its short life. If motors are failing already then I'm really pissed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum